My 2 cents. Comparing Xith to Yoda is a miss statement.
1) Xith doesn't talk backwards, as we can all agree on.
2) Xith is a wizard. He doesn't use the force.
3) Xith doesn't talk about the dark side.
4) Xith is a gnome (king of some certain gnomes it seems if you read close)
5) Xith is very active and adventurous.
6) Xith doesn't dwell in a swampland waiting for Vilmos to show up.
7) Xith actively seeks out powerful magic users. He doesn't wait for them to come to him.
Xith is far smarter than Master Yoda. Xith noticed immediately that something is wrong when Jarome attacked the Great Kingdom. When the Separatists atacked the Republic, Yoda didn't really understood what was going on and Palpatine became all-powerful under his very nose.
Post by Shire Hobbit on Feb 16, 2008 23:43:28 GMT -5
The watchers are very interesting as they seem to have a place throughout time. Xith's role is very different in the stories than Yoda's. He seems to be watching and waiting for certain events to unfold. He also seems to have the role of watching for a chosen few to enter the world. While Yoda was an old soul, Xith seems so much more so. He has true power and an inner light.
The watchers seems to have key roles in ruin mist's history. Xith's failure with Edward and perhaps others as hinted in the books would seem to indicate there may be a whole society of watchers. Wasn't Noman called a watcher too?