First I want to say I 'm fairly new to your works. But from what I have seen so far I'm ravenous for more. Right now I am reading Sovereign Rule which I have borrowed from friend, and I just cant put it down. I would like to thank you for writting such complelling and worthwhile books. I will read your works till you stop writing them.
Second I want to ask how I can win Ruin Mist gear like it says on the board. Do you pick out who wins? I want a King's Mate Gamers Fools Tshirt!
Hello! I found this message board by accident and thought I'd ask you something that I've wanted to for a long time. To start I would love to thank you for writing a series of books that's captured my imagination since The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches was first published!
When I talk about favorite authors, you're included in the same breath as JK Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, Eoin Colfer, Terry Pratchett, and CS Lewis. I think it's great that you have a chat thread that readers can talk to you with!
Is there ever a chance that you would write about events of the first Alder king? Especially since Vilmos met the tree in KE4 that told him of the realms as they were. Then when he was in the battle with the goblins and the dark elves, what did it mean to be linesworn and lineborn? In that scene he wields two great swords, are we going to see more of that?
Post by dragonlady on Nov 23, 2003 22:06:36 GMT -5
I've been rereading Kingdom Alliance, and at the end several questions come to my mind.
1) What happened to Vilmos? Are we not supposed to know? He's one of my favorites, but the later scene doesn't tell exactly what happened.
2) Is Emel gone from the story? I hope not I like him too. I want to see more of him. You mention the ghosts of the past haunting the old world and set up a struggle so I hope I am wrong and this is only an introduction.
3) Why were you so brutal to Myrial? That poor girl has been through enough then you put her through more hell. Are good things ever going to happen for Myrial? Is she going to get together with Garette Timmer?
4) Why was Galia so hesitant then coy with Emel? I liked the idea of an arogant woman that's a king cat rider. I want to see more of her. Does that set up a triangle between her, Adrina and Emel? It seems strange considering who Galia is introduced as.
5) Valam mentions a revolution of the people. I can see the Alder family is losing power. The bits between Soshi and Valam took my breath away. Is there a connection to the Lady of the Forest, the Old Woman in the Tower and Soshi?
6) Will Fields of Honor double back and be a parallel story like Elf Queen's Quest? From the description posted at www.RuinMist.com and www.ReagentPress.com it doesn't look like it. It looks to continue Kingdom Alliance.
I have more questions but I don't want to hog the thread. Thanks so much for starting this up! Can't wait for Fields of Honor and Mark of the Dragon... You're my all time favorite author!
Last Edit: Nov 23, 2003 22:08:03 GMT -5 by dragonlady
Post by dragonlord on Nov 23, 2003 23:12:28 GMT -5
Don't really have any others than what are here. I do hope you get to spend time with your family over the holidays. I know how hard it is for small press authors, especially when you have to meet deadlines to put food on the table. My thoughts and that of my family are with you. My suggestion is to take it easy. Fans can wait, you can't get back the holidays lost to work.
Thank you for giving us readers an alternative to big corporate hash. Your growing success proves little fish can make it sometimes in the big pond. Maybe hope for me too one day.
One of the things i love about your books is the characters depth, each characters has people they care about in their lives and people who care about them. They all have pasts and often secrets from the past shape what they do. Adrina is my fav on account of how much she cares for her mother. Her father is very important to her too. I think the relationship with the mother shaped all the king's children particularly Midori, the outcast sister. I know you've hinted at what happened, Adrina confronted her about it but are we going to see more of that? Pleaes more of Midor her character is the best... just a thought okay? I read you create the art for the book covers.What do you use?
Post by keeperofdreams on Nov 26, 2003 19:29:54 GMT -5
I read all your Ruin Mist books numerous times and love them all. I am now reading the book of short stories you wrote called "Magic Lands and Other Stories". I am about almost through the book and so far I have to say I love it. Its different from your other works and thats what makes it so interesting. "Silence is Golden" is science fiction. "August Rains" is sad. I was in tears after reading about Mr. Anderson. I want to know if therell ever be a novel of the same titles?
(¯`·.·´¯) `·.,(¯`·.·´¯) ......`· Keeper Of Dreams (")House: Brodst(") (")King's Mate Position: Priestess(") (")Trios: Cross Blades(") (")Fav Characters: Adrina, Emel, Midori, Edward, Vilmos(") (")Fav Book: All of Them!!(")